5 Days Mt. Semeru & Bromo Traverse
Tour Code: AKS-16
Day 01 : SURABAYA – RANUPANE (L / D)
You will be met and greeted at the airport (arrival flight must be before 12h00), then transfer to Tumpang village to change transport with 4-WD (open jeep). Next drive further to Ranupane through marvelous countryside displaying terraced apple orchards, primal rain forest with possible sightings of leaf-eating monkeys. After 2.5 hrs drive, arrive at the first base camp, Ranupane (2,100 m). Overnight at a mountain lodge in Ranupane
Day 02 : RANUPANE – KALIMATI (B / L / D)
Early trek through a graded trails amidst mountain shrubs and bushes for about 13 kms to reach the tranquility of Lake (Ranu) Kumbolo (2,400 m) for lunch, after which the trek goes on further to Kalimati (2,700 m), an open savannah providing the best plain to set up the tent as well as providing best place to monitor continual puffs jetting out from the vent of Mt. Semeru
Day 03 : KALIMATI – SUMMIT – RANUPANE ( B / L / D)
Extreme in the morning, start trekking to Arcapada (2,900 m) to attempt the most strenuous part of the journey to the summit (3,676 m). The brilliant sunrise (subject to the weather) on the top highlighted by continual puffs and sometimes eruptions jetting out from the vent are the breathtaking rewards (caution: stay a minimum 500 m away from the vent). Afterwards, descend back to Kalimati for breakfast and down to Ranu Kumbolo for lunch. In the afternoon, hike further down to Ranupane.
Day 04 : RANUPANE – BROMO (B / L / D)
After breakfast, taking a jeep ride along the Tengger mountain ridge and down to the calderas crossing the sea of sand to reach Mt. Bromo (2,392 m) with its awesome active crater. After attempting a 2-hour walk around the rim of the crater, hiking further to Cemara Lawang to stay overnight. Lunch and dinner will be served here.
Day 05 ” BROMO – SURABAYA – DEPARTURE (B)
Early wake up call; and join another jeep ride to the viewpoint at Mt. Penanjakan (2,700 m) providing the bird’s eye view of the whole national park with Mt. Semeru stands high in its grandeur far in the background. After sunrise, drive back to the hotel for breakfast and next transfer to Surabaya airport for onward departure flight.
HOTEL USED :
- RANUPANE = Mountain lodge (simple one)
- SEMERU = Tents
- BROMO = Bromo Permai, Cafe Lava Hotel, or similar
- IJEN = Catimore Guest House or similar.
- Transportation with Air-condition where possible and non-AC 4-WD drive.
- English speaking guide.
- All admission fees, trekking permission, and baggage handling.
- Accommodation and meals as shown in the itinerary
- Transfers and tours as shown above.
- Government tax and service charge.
- Tents and sleeping mattress during trekking.
- Eating / cooking utensils,
- First aid kits.
- The departure flight should be as follows:
- a. AKS-16 must be after 14h00 p.m. to ensure convenience of traveling.
- b. AKS-17 must be after 18h00 p.m. to ensure convenience of traveling.
- Range of elevation = 1, 150 meters up to 3,676 meters above sea level.
- Temperature = +/- 20º C at daytime and +/- 5º C at nighttime.
- Class = Classification IV with long, strenuous trek through wild country,
- unmarked trail, and tropical forest
- Style = Himalayan Style (several base stops)
- Time Duration = 5 Days or 7 Days full of hike, trek, and bush drive depending on
- the weather, trail condition, and stamina
- Qualification = Minimum 10 years old, good stamina, and enjoy outdoor sports.
- Season = Best time to enjoy trekking and do photography is during dry season
- when less rain fall in the mountain extending from May up to October.
- Exclusion = Personal natures, insurance, and medication.
Information Contact :
XL/Whatsapp : +62817356935
As Telkomsel/Whatsapp : +6285102915151
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org